Eat Drink SF starts next Friday and we are getting in the spirit for this event by sharing and serving up one of our favorite recipes using FloWater!
The latest and healthiest trend in plant-based milk is oat milk! While you can find this delicious milk substitute on the shelves of your local grocery store, we much prefer the homemade version using FloWater. Not only is it delicious on its own, we like to pair it with a shot of espresso for a tasty morning pick-me-up.
Water in any recipe is essential. Ever wonder why bagels in New York are so good? You guessed it! There is something unique about that New York water.
FloWater makes this recipe special because its pure, clean taste does not compete with the flavors of the other ingredients. FloWater is also alkaline, resulting in a less acidic beverage. Higher pH levels can help neutralize acidity in your body (which is caused by daily factors like an unbalanced diet, environmental impurities, and stress). By neutralizing acidity, you relieve some of the stress on your internal organs (which must work extra hard to get rid of acid).
FloWater Oat Milk Latte:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4 cups FloWater (use the hot water function for best results)
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Use the FloWater hot water function by pressing two fingers lightly on the bottom two buttons.
- Mix FloWater and rolled oats and let soak for 5 minutes
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour the blended contents through a strainer and into an airtight container.
- Heat up ½ cup of your fresh oat milk and combine with a shot of espresso.
- Add cinnamon and oats for garnish, because you fancy!