2.5 Million EVERY HOUR.
That’s the number of single-use plastic bottles Americans throw away every single hour. Single-use bottles may be convenient, but their use comes with heavy consequences.
World Oceans Day is on June 8th.
We’re encouraging you to #RethinkYourDrink in celebration of World Oceans Day. Next time you’re thinking of drinking from a plastic water bottle, consider these three reasons to ditch the plastic bottle.
1. The water in plastic is not as clean as you think:
A recent study found plastic particles in the water of 93 out of 100 bottles tested.
2. Plastic water bottles are terrible for the environment:
Most plastic water bottles are recyclable, but only 9% of plastic is actually recycled, the rest end up as waste in our oceans, lakes, rivers, and landfills.
3. Bottled water is ridiculously expensive:
Consumers pay 300 times the cost of tap water to drink bottled water.
A few ways to reduce plastic water bottle waste in your life:
1. Carry a reusable bottle
2. Challenge yourself to a plastic-free week
3. Find a local FloWater Refill Station, or invest in a water filter for your home.
Stay tuned for our next blog in the 2018 World Oceans Day series.