The Hydrus Award Program recognizes FloWater employees for their above and beyond contribution to the company, their practice of our code of conduct and other values! FloWater appreciates the strength in our teams and will continue to encourage and support efforts in building a high performing workplace! This Hydrus Award announcement includes two winners, one winner for Q4 and one overall winner for 2018.
Q4 Hydrus Award: Heather H.
Heather received the Hydrus Award for Q4 because of her tenacious, spirited, and composed attitude towards anything that comes her way. Not only does she constantly supply the office with delicious homemade treats (even gluten free ones!), she is also reliable beyond words. Heather is known around FloWater for being able to bring cheerful energy to any problem or task (even fixing the wifi). Without Heather, our lives would be a little less organized, and a lot less bright! We feel very lucky to have her on the team!
- What was your first “aha” moment with sustainability? When I was in high school I worked in restaurants/events at the Happiest Place On Earth. At the end of each night, we would throw away trash cans waist high full of food. It was against company policy to donate it, and employees would get fired on the spot for taking any home. Growing up volunteering at Catholic Worker, I was pretty disgusted to see all of the food getting wasted. This was just one restaurant out of 100s at the park.
- What is your favorite sustainability tip? I’ve been really into sustainable fashion for the past year or so! Mass produced/fast fashion is detrimental to the environment. It’s often poor/okay quality, takes water, electricity, emissions to make and ultimately ends up in landfills, accelerating carbon emissions and global warming. I used to buy clothes and only wear them once or twice. I am now very intentional about the items that I purchase- usually basics or high quality items that will last for years. I rent everything else. Rent the Runway and FashionPass are my favorites so far. Businessoffashion.com has really interesting articles about sustainable fashion if you want to learn more!
- What is motto or personal mantra? I’ve always loved, “I want to be like water; strong enough to hold up a ship, but weak enough to slip through your fingers”. I’ve interpreted it in various was throughout the years.
- What do you think makes FloWater’s culture special? I really like that hustle! I think everyone truly believes in the end goal and is relentless in executing it. Zero complacency. I think Raz has definitely set the FloWater tone.
- Describe yourself using emojis! ???????????????????????????????? ????????
2018 Hydrus Angel S.
Angel is more than deserving of the 2018 Hydrus Award! He’s known throughout the company for his hard work and willingness to go above and beyond for his teammates and his customers. Workings as an Operations Technician, he is often faced with unforeseeable problems but is always able to maintain his composure and work towards a solution. Whether that be assisting others in the warehouse, troubleshooting with third party client technicians on location, or improving functions of the Refill Station, he’s always willing to lend a helping hand!
- What was your first “aha” moment with sustainability? I came to realize the effects of plastic waste when I started working for FloWater. I’m proud to be part of a company that is working hard to make an impact.
- What three traits define you? Hardworking, Determined and Dependable
- What is your most memorable FloWater moment or client?/ What is your proudest moment at FloWater? Most memorable moment at FloWater was getting the first 100 RS installed in a month. My proudest moment is seeing how FloWater has grown and expanded in the last five years
- Describe yourself using emojis. ????????????????????????????????????????